Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Delivery Man

I've pretty much mastered the fine art of ordering food for delivery here. Beth's co-teacher a while back gave us a booklet filled with menus of delivery and takeout food, from pizza to fried chicken to Chinese to bibimbap. At first, I was kind of apprehensive about using it, but my laziness and unwillingness to actually leave the apartment to get food outweighed my hesitancy to learn how to grunt out over the phone what I want and where to bring it.

It's probably not the best for our health, the fact that I now know how to have a guy come on a scooter with a bucket of fried chicken and literally place said bucket at my feet in our apartment. (Delivery men won't ever cross the shoe/no-shoe threshold, so they just put the food on the floor to handle the money transaction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment