Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Final Winter Camp

I just finished my last camp today and it went so well. I am so happy to leave Korea on a positive note, and again the kids have made this whole experience worthwhile.

For this last camp I decided to borrow an idea from another native teacher and make music videos. Each day I picked a type of song (pop, rock, country, rap). We listened to the songs, played a game using each song and completed a lyrics worksheet each day. Afterward each student was given a white sheet of paper with lyrics on it and they had to illustrate the lyrics. I took pictures of the pages and uploaded them and made a video for each song. The kids seemed to really like the outcome and loved seeing their pictures on the video.

So here are the music videos the class made. I let them draw whatever they thought the lyrics meant, so don't judge me when you see the video from "Bad Moon Rising."











My 5th grade girls (love them!) surprised me again. I was treated to the "Habil Hotel" where I was the VIP. So funny!


Our traditional Korean food picnic.


I didn't have my camera so we had to get creative to get a picture of all of us with my phone. We were in the drum practice room so we stood in front of the mirror, I thought it was pretty smart of us!



The girls all play the traditional Korean drums so they played a song for me too.


Afterward I treated them to Baskin Robbins as a thank you and we exchanged emails and said our goodbyes. I didn't cry, but it was hard to say goodbye since I've become so close to those girls over the year.

We still have lots to do before we leave. These lasts days will be filled with more packing, canceling phones, Internet, power and getting ready for Europe. We're really looking forward to our trip, but with so much stuff to do before we leave it hasn't really set in that we will be in Europe in less than a week.

Well, T minus 5 days left. Last post will be from Derek!

No comments:

Post a Comment