Sunday, November 14, 2010

Free Fallin'

Well they say it's fall here, but if you ask me or Derek it's already winter. Highs are in the upper 40s/low 50s and lows are already in the 20s/30s at night. Yesterday was beautiful and actually felt somewhat warm and it was only 60.

Since we don't get much fall color in Alabama, I just assumed that fall here would be like fall in New England, with the mountains full of fall color. There were beautiful colors speckled throughout the city and mountains, but nothing like I expected. So here are some pictures around town and my schools of fall on the island. Good thing I took them when I did, the other night we had a bad storm and it blew off most of the leaves. I have a feeling next time we have a storm like that it's going to be a blizzard.


I don't know the name of this temple, but we walked by it in the Spring to go look at the Cherry Blossom trees.


This is in front of Ganghwa Elementary, which is one of the biggest schools on the island.


This is at Habil Elementary which is my main school. The leaves on the back tree are almost all gone because the the kids like to hang on the limbs and try to see how many leaves they can shake off.






This is behind the school at Myeongsin Elementary, which is my Friday school.





These are also at Myeongsin Elementary. Friday was beautiful, so I walked around the school and listened to my iPod under the tree after I was finished teaching. The other teachers thought this was so weird and kept coming to check on me and offering me a computer to use the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment